You could win $4,000!
Snowbelt Musical Arts Association (SMAA), the sponsor of this raffle, is offering the opportunity to become eligible for a drawing to win multiple cash prizes, including a $4,000 cash grand prize. All raffle proceeds support SMAA, a registered 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing musical arts programming in the Snowbelt region of Northeast Ohio. Our goal is to fill the need for more ensemble opportunities for area musicians of all ages and to provide more high-quality live music experiences for audiences.
SMAA’s Cash Raffle is conducted as a fundraiser for the purpose of generating operating funds to support the organization and its mission to the community. The Cold Cash Raffle features 9 cash prizes and 10 non-cash prizes. There is no limit on the number of Tickets that may be sold or the number of Tickets that an individual may purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Grand prize = one (1) $4,000 cash prize – drawing on April 20, 2024 @ noon
- 2nd prizes = three (3) $500 cash prizes – drawing on April 20, 2024 @ noon
- Early Bird Prizes – Will be drawn @ noon on November 15, 2023, December 15, 2023, January 15, 2024, February 15, 2024, and March 15, 2024
- Five (5) $100 cash prizes
- Five (5) prizes of two (2) tickets to a Snowbelt Symphony Orchestra concert, valued at $60
- Five (5) non-cash prizes valued at $30 or more that may include gift cards, gift baskets or other items.
Odds of Winning:
The odds of winning a prize in a drawing depend upon the number of tickets sold during the entry period and prior to the entry date specified for the particular drawing.
How to Enter:
Tickets can be purchased for $20 each. Each eligible entry will be sequentially assigned a unique ticket number. There is no limit on the number of tickets that may be sold or the number of tickets that an individual may purchase.
Enter the 2023-2024 Season SMAA Cold Cash Raffle in any of the following ways:
- Online: Tickets can be purchased online at www.snowbeltmusical.org/raffle. Purchaser must provide a valid email address, full legal name, phone and physical mailing address. Payment confirmation is provided electronically at the time of your purchase. If you do not receive your confirmation via email, first check your spam folder. If not there, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 440-296-9610.
- Phone: Tickets can be purchased by phone at 440-296-9610. Payment confirmation is emailed at the time of your purchase. If you do not receive your confirmation via email, first check your spam folder. If not there, please contact email@example.com or call 440-296-9610. If you do not provide an email address, a printed copy of your numbered raffle ticket(s) will be provided for you.
- In Person: Tickets can be purchased in person from an SMAA raffle representative. In person purchase opportunities are limited to specific SMAA events and at the discretion of the SMAA raffle representative. Payment must be made at the time of purchase. Payment confirmation is emailed at the time of your purchase. If you do not receive your confirmation via email, first check your spam folder. If not there, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 440-296-9610. If you do not provide an email address, a printed copy of your numbered raffle ticket(s) will be provided for you.
- Raffle is only open to U.S. residents 18 years of age or older in any state allowing raffles.
- Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any person who resides in any area where this drawing, a game of chance, would otherwise be prohibited by law is not eligible to participate.
- The prize may be forfeited if selected entrant(s): (1) cannot be reached; (2) fails to provide all signatures on the release and other documents and/or to return required documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Terms & Conditions; or (3) cannot accept or receive prize for any reason.
- Any or all of your entries will be disqualified at the sole discretion of SMAA if you attempt: (a) to enter the raffle through any means other than as described in these Terms & Conditions; or (b) to disrupt the raffle, circumvent the Terms & Conditions, or in any way tamper with the raffle. If either of the above occurs, SMAA has the right to remedy any such action, disruption or circumvention, and to seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Early Bird Prize Drawings:
- Winners need not be present to win.
- Early Bird prize winners will be drawn by an SMAA representative using an electronic random number generator and validated as random before final assignment as the prize winner.
- All raffle tickets purchased by 9:00 am the day of each early bird drawing are eligible to be entered in applicable early bird drawings.
- Once a ticket has won an early bird prize, it will be ineligible for additional early bird prizes, but still eligible for one of the four (4) Final Cash prizes.
- Early Bird prize drawings will be held @ noon on November 15, 2023, December 15, 2023, January 15, 2024, February 15, 2024, and March 15, 2024
- Early Bird prizes are awarded regardless of the number of tickets sold.
Final Cash Prize Drawings:
- Winners need not be present to win.
- Final Cash Prize winners will be drawn by a SMAA representative using an electronic random number generator and validated as random before the final assignment as the prize winner. Every eligible ticket number will be included in the raffle prior to the drawing.
- All raffle tickets purchased by 9:00 am on April 20, 2024 will be eligible for the final drawings.
- Final Cash Prize drawings will take place on April 20, 2024 @ noon.
- In the event that SMAA does not sell a minimum of 500 paid tickets on or before 9:00 am Eastern Standard Time on April 20, 2024, SMAA reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize as follows: After awarding the Second Prizes and Early Bird Prizes, the remaining proceeds less all costs and expenses paid or incurred by SMAA in connection with the Cold Cash Raffle will be split 50/50 between SMAA and the Grand Prize winner with the total prize to be equal to greater to the Second Prize winners.
- Upon the 501st ticket sold, the raffle winner chosen will receive, subject to these Terms & Conditions, the full amount of the advertised Grand Prize.
Winner Notifications & Awarding of Prizes:
- All winners will be notified, based on the information provided at ticket purchase, by email or telephone within 72 hours of prize drawings. If email or phone contacts are not successful within 10 days, contact will be attempted using U.S. Certified mail, return receipt requested.
- Winners will be announced online by ticket number, first name, last initial and city of residence. Winner will be verified by matching the ticket number with information provided in the records.
- Failure of the raffle winner to respond within 20 business days of the raffle drawing date will constitute a forfeiture of the prize, and a new winner will be selected and notified.
- SMAA is not responsible for any delays or obstacles in notification due to (a) erroneous contact information; (b) any outage or delay in internet service or access; or (c) any other circumstances which may delay or prevent a winner from receiving the prize notifications.
- Except as stated herein, there shall be no substitution allowed for the listed prizes by a winner. A prize winner, however, may transfer the right to claim the Second prizes and Early Bird prizes. The Grand Prize winner may NOT transfer the right to claim the prize.
- All federal, state and local taxes associated with receipt or use of prizes, including, without limitation, all applicable sales, use, luxury, income, and special taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- SMAA will estimate, deduct, and submit Federal and state withholdings taxes to the IRS from the proceeds awarded to the Grand Prize winner, based on amount. To claim the prizes, the Grand Prize winner will be required to provide proof of identity, sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability/terms and liability and conditions/publicity releases, and complete IRS Form W-9 and any other forms required by law.
- SMAA will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the raffle prizes as described in these Terms & Conditions to the winners within 60 days of each prize drawing.
- SMAA shall not have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death in connection with the prize provided pursuant to the raffle.
- Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for SMAA and/or their designees to use the winner’s name, location, photograph, testimonial or other likeness and/or prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, not or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, the winner to the extent permitted by law.
- All sales are final unless otherwise specified in these Terms & Conditions. No raffle ticket refunds will be made. All entries become the property of SMAA and will not be returned.
- The cost of a raffle ticket(s) is not deductible as a charitable contribution. The IRS considers a raffle ticket to be a contribution from which you benefit.
- SMAA cannot give advice regarding income tax consequences or deductibility with respect to the raffle ticket purchases or the raffle winner. Please consult your tax professional.
- SMAA is not responsible for printing errors in any drawing-related material, or for lost, late, misdirected, or undelivered mail, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines.
- SMAA is not responsible for error, omission, interruptions, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft of destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for malfunctions of any kind, or inaccuracies or failure to receive entry information or any combination thereof. SMAA is not responsible for any entries that are late, misdirected, incomplete or altered.
- Raffle shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio.
- These Official Terms & Conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.
- By participating in the raffle, you agree to hold Snowbelt Musical Arts Association and its directors, officers, employees and agents, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the raffle, including from your winning or use of any prize.
- The depiction of the prize(s) in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual prize(s) awarded or delivered to the winner. However, every effort is being made to award the exact prizes displayed at events, in raffle promotions and on the raffle website.
- SMAA makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, about the raffle or the prizes awarded.
- SMAA reserves the right to cancel the raffle for any reason.
- SMAA shall make all decisions related to the raffle at its sole discretion. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Terms & Conditions and the decisions of SMAA and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the raffle operation or Official Terms & Conditions.