Founded in January 2017, the Snowbelt Musical Arts Association is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing musical arts programming in the Snowbelt region of Northeast Ohio. Our goal is to fill the need for more ensemble opportunities for area musicians of all ages, and to provide more live music experiences for audiences in Lake, Geauga, and Ashtabula counties.
We support the operation of the Snowbelt Symphony Orchestra, a fully professional orchestra, and three community based ensembles: the Lake Effect Concert Band for adults and advanced high school students, the Blizzard Youth Winds for middle and high school students, and Polar Vortex, a big band style jazz ensemble for adults and advanced high school students.
To enrich, educate, and entertain the community through music.
The SMAA seeks to:
- Provide local, affordable opportunities for audiences of all ages to hear a variety of high-quality musical performances.
- Support educational programming that promotes lifelong musical learning in an enjoyable setting.
- Encourage the musical education of young people.
- Expand community collaboration with other arts, community, and educational organizations.
The Snowbelt Musical Arts Association will be the leader in providing inspiring performances and music education programs in our community, enhancing the lives of people of all ages.
Our Core Values
- Passion: We are driven by our belief that music enhances lives.
- Excellence: We are committed to high standards of performance in all areas of service.
- Education: We believe music education is an essential lifelong pursuit.
- Community: We engage our community through meaningful, affordable musical experiences for everyone.
- Teamwork: We foster collaboration, trust, and respect.
- Creativity: We embrace challenge and nurture innovation.
- Accountability: We work to maximize our resources and practice responsible stewardship.
Our Long-term Goals
- Expand community-based adult and youth offerings.
- Continue developing name recognition and building audience.
- Launch school outreach programs.
- Initiate chamber music concert series.
- Develop professional-level band/orchestra offerings.